Comparison Kills Contentment

8:20 AM Jackie Mart 0 Comments

About a month or so the pastor at my church talked about comparison.  This has become easier since we have access to Facebook profiles, reality TV shows, and other forms of media at our fingertips. We feel content until we see our neighbor down the street just re-sided their house, the new SUV parked in the driveway, your coworker got a promotion, your friend bought a new Iphone,  or that a girl we hated in high school got married before we did.. multiple examples.  We always seem to want bigger and better!

The last few years of my life I have gone from having a house, a dog, a yard, a husband to living in a small studio apartment alone. I got rid of a lot of my possessions and have realized I do not need much to be happy. Those "things" just add more stress to my life.  I recently quit my full time job to pursue my passion of starting my own wellness business. Granted I know it will be a challenge but I'm ready for it! I would much rather be doing what I love every day and just get by financially than continue to show up to a "job" that is not fulfilling my God-given purpose. My car is old but it gets me from point A to point B. I don't wear designer clothes but sure can pull myself together with what I do have in my closet. I have met some wonderful positive people lately that are my cheerleaders and am realizing who steals my energy and who I want and do not want in my life. Practicing gratitude daily keeps me content!

What about you? Are you content with yourself, your career, and your life? If not, think about ways you could change it. Take the steps TODAY and you will eventually get there! Be sure to live in the moment and don't take any second, minute, hour, day, week, month, or year for granted! Our life here on Earth is limited and remember we attract everything to us both good and bad! And why compare? We are all unique and genuinely made, perfect in the Creator's eyes!

Copyright, 2012, Jackie Mart. For further information about this blog, or Optimum Wellness MN, contact Jackie Mart at 712.790.5883 or JackieAMart@hotmail.com.

As a holistic nutrition and lifestyle coach, I will support you in taking steps to a healthier and happier you. My goal is to help you create an art of balance in your life. You will also learn how important balance between primary foods (relationships, physical activity, sleep, career and spirituality) and secondary foods (organic food and whole food) is.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: