Third Graders Define Healthy Living

9:15 PM Jackie Mart 4 Comments

Today I had the opportunity to be the guest storyteller in Mrs. Schnell's third grade classroom at my old school!! I read aloud one of my childhood books, The Berenstain Bears and Too Much Junk Food






We talked about what healthy food is and what we should use to "fuel" our bodies! They were very active participants and had some great answers to my all my questions! We even did a few short BURST exercises  and discussed exercise and sleep.  Then we created collages of healthy foods and other things we talked about! I have my BA in elementary education so this was right up my alley! Start teaching your children about health now so they grow up living a healthy lifestyle! As you know our habits develop at a young age. Be sure to set the example! Here are a few photos of their collages.













Copyright, 2013, Jackie Mart. For further information about this blog, or Optimum Wellness LLC, contact Jackie Mart at 712.790.5883 or Jackie@OptimumWellnessMN.com. As a holistic nutrition and lifestyle coach, I will support you in taking steps to a healthier and happier you. My goal is to help you create an art of balance in your life. You will also learn how important balance between primary foods (relationships, physical activity, sleep, career and spirituality) and secondary foods (organic food and whole food) is.

You Might Also Like

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your expertise with the G-T 3rd graders!!! They were very excited about their surprise guest speaker today!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! I'm happy to hear they were excited! We had a good time and I hope they continue thinking about the healthy foods to fuel their bodies!!

      Delete
  2. Thanks again!! They really did enjoy it! They wanted to "BURST" again today and when we had sugar cookies for snack -- they said it was not a good choice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! I love it!! I guess they are learning how to make good choices!! :-) I would love to come back again sometime next year and read to them!

      Delete