Holiday Hassles?

12:03 AM Jackie Mart 1 Comments

My family asks me what I want for Christmas every year like most do. I've honestly never really had a wish list the last 4 years. My list is just the essentials.. you know, like food, clothes, gas for my car.. LOL!  I like living a simple life. My laptop is 6 years old, (it still works!)  yet it's reliable. I live in a one room studio apartment I think is absolutely adorable and I have zero complaints besides the little noise from my neighbors! 


There is something to be said about waking up, being thankful for being alive, and just "living."   I've taken the time to be more in the moment, listen, and do what I can to help those around me and it feels GOOD! I think the holidays have gotten out of hand for the most part.  People are spending money on things they really don't need that distract them from spending quality time and "being" with their families and friends. Everyone I've talked to lately is depressed and stressed to the max! What happened to "happy holidays?" Take a step back and think for a few minutes about what you can do this year to get that happiness and joy back!


Start a new tradition!! Volunteer together, take a family trip, or adopt a local family in need to buy gifts for this year instead of spending hundreds of dollars on things you "want" and do not really "need."  If you look at the wish lists of the lower income families this is what you will see: 

-snow pants
-boots
-socks
-winter coats
-winter gloves
-underwear


It really puts things into perspective.  Maybe after reading this your wish list will change? 

Be grateful and thankful for the little things and your heart will always be full!!  <3



Copyright, 2014, Jackie Mart. For further information about this blog, or Optimum Wellness LLC, contact Jackie Mart at 712.790.5883 or Jackie@OptimumWellnessMN.com. As a holistic nutrition and lifestyle coach, I will support you in taking steps to a healthier and happier you. My goal is to help you create an art of balance in your life. You will also learn how important balance between primary foods (relationships, physical activity, sleep, career and spirituality) and secondary foods (organic food and whole food) is.

www.optimumwellnessmn.com

You Might Also Like

1 comment:

  1. Excellent. Live selflessly is my motto. I'm the first to help a friend or anyone in need.

    ReplyDelete