One Day at a Time

8:09 PM Jackie Mart 3 Comments

I don't know about you, but I seem to get all sorts of random signs every week that are mind-boggling and make me think about my life. Last week on the night of my birthday my closet rod and all my clothes fell down for the 3rd time... hahah... yes, I have WAY too many clothes! A couple of my friends put it back up for me so I didn't have to call Rob, the maintenance guy, again to fix it for me.


The next morning when I was getting dressed I noticed a small, tarnished copper coin a little larger than a quarter on top of my black boots. I picked it up to examine it in the light. On one side were prayer hands with the words, "One Day At A Time" inscribed beneath them. I turned the coin over and discovered the Serenity Prayer: God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.



I have no idea where this strange coin came from. I have never had anything like this in my possession. I took it as a sign that God is trying to tell me to slow down and focus on the things in my life I have control of and forget about the things I have been stressing about I cannot change. I tend to be a human "doing" instead of a human "being" alot of the time. I have a Type A perfectionist personality and need to work on enjoying life and living in the moment more! Life is passing me by because I feel I have to get everything done! It's time for me to slow down, take in all the beauty that surrounds me and take one day at a time! Sometimes I think I forget to breathe some days! hahah

You Might Also Like

3 comments:

  1. This is truly incredible!! God was definitely speaking to you. That's so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I definitely needed to hear it at the time!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete