Affirmations

7:50 PM Jackie Mart 1 Comments

This past Sunday when the snowstorm blew in I rented a movie from Redbox I had previously watched in the theater last Spring. It's called Kick-Ass. haha have you seen it? The beginning is really funny but then it gets rather gory towards the end. There is one scene in the movie where Kick-Ass looks into his bedroom mirror with his superhero costume on and says, "I'm fuckin' awesome!"



This made me think about what I say to myself in the morning when I look into the mirror. Do you pick yourself apart like I do? (I wish my skin were clearer, eww... look at that fat, my face is puffy, I'm having a bad hair day... ) Starting today I decided I was going to look at myself in my closet mirror and repeat the same affirmation outloud that Kick-Ass said, "I'm fuckin' awesome." hahah So from now on this will be my ritual every morning!! Goodbye negative self talk, hello positive affirmations! I dare you to try it and see how you feel! Maybe say something else to yourself such as: "I am healthy, happy, and whole. I am beautiful and deserved to be loved. I love myself, I am me." Louise Hay is one of my favorite authors who writes about the power of positive thinking. Here is a link to her website. You can sign up to recieve daily affirmations!!
http://www.louisehay.com/index.php

And remember, you don't need a power to be a superhero!!!

Kick-Ass movie trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4y0AIzEnNVc

You Might Also Like

1 comment:

  1. I just finish looking at the trailer. TOO FUNNY!! Affirmations are very empowering. I use the regularly and have found that the negative self-talk that plagued me 5 yrs ago RARELY surfaces. I have some on my site if you want to check them out. http://bit.ly/affirmTBC4M

    I'll have to sit down with my sons and watch KickAss sometime next week...the older ones...don't want to deal with potty mouth from the younger ones. LOL!

    ReplyDelete