Tasty Homemade Granola Bars!

1:57 PM Jackie Mart 0 Comments

I'm turning into Betty Crocker! hahah Decided to make my own raw granola bars last night since all the ones in the store contain rice crisps, coconut, and sunflower seeds which I am intolerant to. My version is loaded with healthy Omega-3s, iron, zinc, antioxidants, and fiber! Raw foods also contain more nutrients than cooked foods. Again, I don't really use recipes; I just mix things together to my liking! haha ;)


Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bars


Ingredients:

Raw Organic Thick Oats

Chopped Organic Raw Almonds

Raw Pumpkin Seeds

Ground Flaxseeds

Chia Seeds

Dried unsweetened cherries

Ground Organic Raw Walnuts

87% Cacao Organic Dark Chocolate Bar

Natural Organic Chunky Peanut Butter

BeeFree Honee (I buy it at the Wedge)


Place all dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix to combine. I crushed 1/4 of the dark chocolate bar into pieces and added that into bowl as well . Add the wet ingredients (honey and peanut butter) to form a paste. You my need to add more peanut butter or honee if the mixture is too dry. Press mixture into a container. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Cut into bars and devour!! :) Store the extras in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator.














You could also experiment with other nuts, seeds, dried fruit, nut butters, grains, quinoa, or even protein powders! The combinations are endless!!



You Might Also Like

0 comments: