Yummy Snack!!

3:28 PM Jackie Mart 2 Comments

I know I'm a little late after Cinco De Mayo but I've been craving chips and guacamole ever since my friend and I had the tuna dip at Stellas in Uptown on Friday night!! Decided to make my own tortilla chips and guacamole today!

Corn Tortilla Chips with Guacamole

Ingredients:
Twelve 6-inch corn tortillas (I used the Sprouted Ezekiel Corn Tortillas!)
Sea salt
2 ripe organic avocados
1 Simply organic guacamole dip mix (you can easily use your own spices instead of this mix it was on sale for 99 cents at the Wedge so I bought it because it was simple and convenient!)
Lemon juice


Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Stack the tortillas and cut the pile into sixths to make chips. Spread the chips out in a single layer on two large baking sheets and season with salt. Bake until golden brown and crisp, rotating the baking sheets once, about 12 to 15 minutes. Mash up avocados, dip mix and a little lemon juice!! Serve with the chips!! You could even add some tuna, shrimp, beef or chicken to the guacamole if desired.

The corn tortilla chips are a bit healthier than store bought since they are not baked with oil. Avocados provide nearly 20 essential nutrients, including fiber, potassium, Vitamin E, B-vitamins and folic acid. Avocados are one of the few fruits that provide "good" fats. They also contain glutathione, an antioxidant involved in cell protection from the effects of excess oxidative stress. Avocados are also rich in the antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin. Dig in!!

You Might Also Like

2 comments:

  1. I make chips like these with ezekiel tortillas as well! Agreed this is a yummy snack :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha My recipe blogs don't even compare to yours!! I love all your fun drinks too! :)

    ReplyDelete