Happenings at Optimum Wellness LLC

2:00 PM Jackie Mart 0 Comments

So many things happening lately!! I have been a busy girl! I wanted to share a few photos with you from some of my past events and share a few ideas I had for upcoming events.

I moved back to Iowa in April and have been plugging away with my business here! I am renting an office in the Center for Chiropractic Wellness right on Central Ave and it has been perfect! My first big event was at Iowa Lakes Electric Cooperative where I spoke about Food Intolerances to the employees.

My Office

The summer consisted of monthly group grocery store tours at the Estherville Hy-Vee, speaking about Holistic Healthy Eating and Weight Loss at the Couch to 5K Program, teaching  BURST exercise classes in the park two times a week in Graettinger to a group of 20-25 women and in the basement of the First Presbyterian Church in Estherville as well as a few drop-in classes at the Regional Wellness Center!

Sample BURST workout

Hy-Vee Grocery Store Tour



Booth at Back to School Bash


August was a busy month also- I had a booth at Sweet Corn Days, Back to School Bash at the Estherville Lincoln Central school and at Iowa Lakes Community College and gave a fun demonstration at the Downtown Market in library square called "Snacking Smarter" where I made two healthy snacks to sample and talked about making better snack choices! Yoga Okoboji hosted my Toxicity and Digestion workshop and I had a wonderful turnout of 13 attendees at the grocery store tour right after at the Spirit Lake Hy-Vee!!


Snacking Smarter Demo
Events hosted by Yoga Okoboji
During the last half of August I had a Back to School Supply Drive where my clients brought in supplies in exchange for a discount on any of my services. They filled my backpack and I took it to Demoney, the elementary school in Estherville. It feels so good to give back to the community!

Back pack full of school supplies! 

Donating to Demoney 

September included another group grocery store tour at the Estherville Fareway and a Cooking with Quinoa Class where I made up two dishes and educated the attendees on the history, health benefits, different ways to cook quinoa, and shared some delicious recipes!  Last Friday I volunteered as the guest storyteller at the local library. I read some books about healthy eating and exercise and then we made the collages! Food is fuel for your body just like a car needs gas to run! The kids loved it! I even brought apples for them as a healthy snack!!  I also gave a seminar about Heart Attack and Stroke to the employees at Biofuel Energy Corporation, the ethanol plant in Fairmont, MN and talked about prevention strategies and lifestyle changes to incorporate into their daily lives.

Fareway Grocery Store Tour

Cooking with Quinoa
Quinoa comes in many forms
Guest Storyteller at the Library 




Food is Fuel Activity
Heart Attack and Stroke Health Talk

On October 7th I will be hosting a non-toxic cleaning party (Norwex) where you can learn how to clean your whole house with just a cloth and water! A client appreciation open house and a group grocery store tour are also in the works! December I'm planning a Natural Body Care Workshop where we will be making non-toxic skin care products for holiday gifts (toothpaste, lotion, deodorant, body scrubs, soap, lip balm, shampoo, conditioner, etc)  Many things to look forward to! Please keep checking back for event times/days and updates!

Be Well!!

Jackie


Copyright, 2013, Jackie Mart. For further information about this blog, or Optimum Wellness LLC, contact Jackie Mart at 712.790.5883 or Jackie@OptimumWellnessMN.com. As a holistic nutrition and lifestyle coach, I will support you in taking steps to a healthier and happier you. My goal is to help you create an art of balance in your life. You will also learn how important balance between primary foods (relationships, physical activity, sleep, career and spirituality) and secondary foods (organic food and whole food) is.

www.optimumwellnessmn.com



You Might Also Like

0 comments: