Thriving in Life

10:47 AM Jackie Mart 0 Comments

This is one of my absolute favorite words: THRIVE. After meeting with a new client yesterday I have attached more meaning to the word.  To truly thrive in life I feel all aspects need to be in sync, whether that be health (physical or mental), relationships (with yourself, family, friends, coworkers, God or a higher being), financially, and etc.

When one thing is out of whack it can affect the rest. Life is "holistic" in nature.  I know I personally have A LOT to work on but know I feel the best when I am helping and impacting other peoples' lives! I literally feel on top of the world after meeting with clients, giving presentations, events and so forth.  Once you realize your life purpose is when everything seems to come together. The love will overflow, your bank account with be busting at the seams, and you wake up every day happy and ready to make the best of it!

I came across this on Facebook a few days ago and it really resonates with me and the type of person I am. It has been one of my biggest challenges in life. To put myself first and realize I cannot help every single person that crosses my path as much as I would like to. This has caused some major disruption because of my lack of asking for help when I greatly need it! 

"If you're an earth Angel, you are obsessed with other people’s happiness. If anyone you love is unhappy, you become upset. You may blame yourself for his or her ...unhappiness, which creates the earth Angel cycle of codependency, where your happiness is dependent upon another’s. And since you cannot control others’ happiness, you feel unable to predict or control your own, as it’s contingent upon someone else.

Earth Angels are usually “conflict-phobic,” meaning that they fear arguments and confrontations. Angry people are the opposite of happy people to an earth Angel. So if faced with such an individual, Earth Angels will shut down and usually comply with the other person’s wishes, feeling at fault if someone is unhappy or angry. They are convinced they have failed in their mission to bring happiness to others. As a result, earth Angels will do practically anything to keep the peace! 

Their conflict phobia makes earth Angels targets for manipulative people who take advantage of others’ niceness. Before they learn their earthly lesson about holding boundaries, Earth Angels usually fall under the spell of narcissistic individuals who only care about their own needs.

Earth Angels find themselves in a bind because their life purpose is to bring peace to the world. They are lights sent from heaven to shine peace and happiness and lift others’ consciousness and vibrations—so they’re usually the world’s kindest, nicest, and gentlest people! In fact, they pride themselves on being sweet in the roughest of situations (although Earth Angels do lose their tempers when pushed to their limit). 

Earth Angels view themselves as tough, even though they are highly sensitive. They shoulder other people’s burdens and rarely ask for help. If help is offered, they will not accept it. They are afraid of “bothering” anyone." 




Maybe you are like this too but I want you to know there are so many people that will help and guide you on your journey.  Take time each day to take small steps to get everything in your life in sync and functioning and pretty soon you will THRIVE! 

Be Well! 

Jackie 



Copyright, 2013, Jackie Mart. For further information about this blog, or Optimum Wellness LLC, contact Jackie Mart at 712.790.5883 or Jackie@OptimumWellnessMN.com. As a holistic nutrition and lifestyle coach, I will support you in taking steps to a healthier and happier you. My goal is to help you create an art of balance in your life. You will also learn how important balance between primary foods (relationships, physical activity, sleep, career and spirituality) and secondary foods (organic food and whole food) is.

www.optimumwellnessmn.com


You Might Also Like

0 comments: