No More Frizzy Summer Hair

9:37 AM Jackie Mart 2 Comments


I have naturally wavy hair and when the humidity is through the roof it can get out of control! Tame that frizz with my quick tips! 

When you have a few extra minutes before your shower, scoop out some coconut oil and warm it in your hands. Apply directly to dry hair, put on a shower cap, and then wrap your head in a towel for 15-20 minutes. Shampoo and condition hair as normal. 

Avoid products with alcohol because it can dry out hair.

Try not to shampoo daily so your hair doesn't get stripped of its natural oils. 

Make a rinse with equal parts apple cider vinegar and water. After you shampoo, rinse hair with the vinegar mixture.  

Apply a small amount of coconut oil to hands or to a wide-toothed comb and gently apply to hair. Don't use too much or it will look oily.  I also like to use a few drops of Vika's Essentials Organic Argan Nut Oil on my hair to tame frizz. This oil can also be used to moisturize your skin and cuticles! 




CLICK HERE to follow me on Facebook for more tips like this! 


Copyright, 2017, Jackie Mart. For further information about this blog, or Optimum Wellness LLC, contact Jackie Mart at 712.790.5883 or Jackie@OptimumWellnessMN.com. As a holistic nutritionist and lifestyle coach, I will support you in taking steps to a healthier and happier you. My goal is to help you create an art of balance in your life. You will also learn how important balance between primary foods (relationships, physical activity, sleep, career and spirituality) and secondary foods (organic food and whole food) is.




You Might Also Like

2 comments:

  1. I am going to try this. I hate the way my natural curl can look so frizzy and have not really found a product that I love. THANKS for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome!! I hope you are enjoying your summer!

      Delete