Love Does

7:35 PM Jackie Mart 0 Comments

I haven't had a whole lot of time to read as much as I used to but ordered a few books last week and finished this one Saturday! A true escape for me is laying out on a blanket in the grass with the sun shining down on me and disappearing with my nose in a book! :-) 



Loves Does, by Bob Goff is a collection of short stories and experiences that show another opportunity for him to love God more, and share that love with the people around him. For Bob, the whole world is an invitation from God:

“I think God sometimes uses the completely inexplicable events in our lives to point us toward Him. We get to decide each time whether we will lean in toward what is unfolding and say yes or back away. The folks who were following Jesus in Galilee got to decide the same thing each day because there was no road map, no program, and no certainty. All they had was this person, an idea, and an invitation to come and see.”

Bob's not a pastor- he's a lawyer, husband and a father.  He's had every excuse to live an ordinary life. But instead, Bob says YES. And the stories that result from that answer will amaze you. The escapades with his friend, how he met his wife, his sailing excursion, and how he has helped complete strangers throughout the years. 

Love Does has inspired me to dream bigger- To imagine that God is doing something bigger in me than I can grasp. I'm learning to live in the moment more, take more chances, and truly be present in my day to day activities. Each of us can spread joy and God's love! He uses us to do his work here on Earth. Be the light! His love is within us!  :-) 




Copyright, 2014, Jackie Mart. For further information about this blog, or Optimum Wellness LLC, contact Jackie Mart at 712.790.5883 or Jackie@OptimumWellnessMN.com. As a holistic nutrition and lifestyle coach, I will support you in taking steps to a healthier and happier you. My goal is to help you create an art of balance in your life. You will also learn how important balance between primary foods (relationships, physical activity, sleep, career and spirituality) and secondary foods (organic food and whole food) is.


www.optimumwellnessmn.com


You Might Also Like

0 comments: