You Can Do Anything, But Not Everything

8:53 PM Jackie Mart 0 Comments


I was catching up on some of my podcasts today on my drive home from hiking up north and one in particular made me think about my life. It felt good to get away even for a day and just relax and spend time in nature. I tend to overbook and over-work myself every week because of my crazy drive, passion, and perfectionist tendencies. There are times when I burn out and it shows in my work and in my relationships with others. I know I need to work more on my self-care and I bet you do too!

THREE WAYS TO PRIORITIZE SELF-CARE:
Cut back.
Cut down.
Cut it out.

Cut back – on over-committing (reduce how often you say “yes”), on social media or news overload (slow down, disconnect from the buzz of the world), reduce your sugar and processed foods intake (all action things / decisions that require action).
Cut down –reduce your expectation of performance (get away from perfectionist mentality…learn to know when good enough is good enough), on idealized daily to-do list for your life, on mental laziness (negativity, etc.) (thoughts, decisions that take space in your mind).
Cut it out – stop thinking you are the only person who can help others, stop putting your sleep at the bottom of your priority list, stop putting yourself and your self-care last.

~Trish Blackwell, Confidence on the Go Podcast



Copyright, 2016, Jackie Mart. For further information about this blog, or Optimum Wellness LLC, contact Jackie Mart at 712.790.5883 or Jackie@OptimumWellnessMN.com. As a holistic nutritionist and lifestyle coach, I will support you in taking steps to a healthier and happier you. My goal is to help you create an art of balance in your life. You will also learn how important balance between primary foods (relationships, physical activity, sleep, career and spirituality) and secondary foods (organic food and whole food) is.



You Might Also Like

0 comments: