Get Back Up

4:00 PM Jackie Mart 0 Comments


The past few days multiple people have reached out to me because they have been struggling with depression so I felt inclined to share this.

Something I focus on when I'm down-There are two choices: Feeling "above the line" or "below the line." Depression is "below the line." It's not labeled good or bad and it's perfectly ok to be down. You are allowed to stay "below the line" as long as you want: one hour, a day, three days, a week, etc.. Never feel ashamed if you chose any of those options. We are all human and are allowed to feel our feelings. There are weeks I've gone without showering. No joke.... I'm not always happy and upbeat either. I understand and can relate to depression and often have bouts of it myself.

Here are some examples of "above and below the line" feelings: 


Above the Line 

Energetic 
Motivated 
Enthusiastic 
Strong 
Confident
Thriving 
Happy 
Joyful 
Thankful 
Grateful 
Carefree 
Loving
Friendly
Content
Worthy
Victor 

____________________________________________

Below the Line 

Tired 
Unmotivated 
Weak 
Depressed
Sad
Mad 
Upset 
Lonely 
Complainer
Grumpy
Shameful
Guilty
Jealous
Unworthy
Victim 

My goal for you is to do one thing (action) which moves you towards one of the "above the line" feelings. Choose at least one action each day. It can be anything! This could be as simple as getting out of bed and sitting in the sun or making yourself some healthy food.

Choose one action TODAY and follow through! Tomorrow do the same. Remember you are NEVER alone. There are ALWAYS people who care! 



Please CONTACT ME if you would like more details about the services I provide or to schedule a life coaching session with me.


*Be sure to seek help from a qualified professional if you ever have thoughts of harming yourself or others.



Copyright, 2017, Jackie Mart. For further information about this blog, or Optimum Wellness LLC, contact Jackie Mart at 712.790.5883 or Jackie@OptimumWellnessMN.com. As a holistic nutritionist and lifestyle coach, I will support you in taking steps to a healthier and happier you. My goal is to help you create an art of balance in your life. You will also learn how important balance between primary foods (relationships, physical activity, sleep, career and spirituality) and secondary foods (organic food and whole food) is.






You Might Also Like

0 comments: