Powerlessness

1:38 PM Jackie Mart 2 Comments

There are some things we cannot do, no matter how long or hard we try. These things include changing other people, solving their problems, and controlling their behaviors. Sometimes we feel powerless over ourselves-what we feel or believe, or the effects of a particular situation or person on us.  

It is important to surrender to powerlessness, but it's equally important to own our power.  We are not trapped. We are not helpless. Sometimes it may feel like we are, but we aren't! We each have the God-given power, the right, to take care of ourselves in any circumstance, and with any person.  The middle ground of self-care lies between the two extremes of controlling others and allowing them to control us. We can walk that ground gently or assertively, but in confidence that it is our right and responsibility.  



Affirmation: Today I will remember that I can take care of myself. I have choices, and I can exercise the options I choose without guilt. 

-Excerpt from, The Language of Letting Go- Melody Beattie


Copyright, 2014, Jackie Mart. For further information about this blog, or Optimum Wellness LLC, contact Jackie Mart at 712.790.5883 or Jackie@OptimumWellnessMN.com. As a holistic nutrition and lifestyle coach, I will support you in taking steps to a healthier and happier you. My goal is to help you create an art of balance in your life. You will also learn how important balance between primary foods (relationships, physical activity, sleep, career and spirituality) and secondary foods (organic food and whole food) is.


www.optimumwellnessmn.com

You Might Also Like

2 comments:

  1. Afformation: Why do I remember to care for myself? Why do I exercise my options to choose without guilt?

    When we ask ourselves these questions, our mind sorts through our consciousness and brings together all the reasons we would want to do these things. If we just make statements, our mind doesn't have to believe it because it doesn't have any supporting evidence that it is true.

    Bring out the best from within! Let your mind do the work.... it is very powerful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right! There are many reasons why we should do these things! Self care is essential for health and personal growth. We feel guilty when we don't set boundaries in relationships. Ultimately we are in charge of our own thoughts and emotions and cannot change other people. This has been a struggle for me. I want everyone to be happy and healthy but I can only do so much!

      Delete