May Contest-WINNER

7:51 PM Jackie Mart 0 Comments





Thank you to everyone who entered my healthy vending machine contest! It was a hard decision but I finally have chosen a winner. Congratulations Tonya Hatland Cole! You WON! I loved what you had to say about finding a "happy medium" and your view as a clean eating newbie! Vending machines will hopefully be changing in the future! Ideally, we all know planning ahead and being prepared with your own stash of healthy snack options would better than getting anything out of a machine.  Here is her entry:

"Although I'm sure all health addict's opinions of this machine is one of pure disgust, I think it has some good intentions. These choices "appear" to be healthier than the typical vending machine choices. But as we all know, looks can be deceiving. 

As a person who struggles to eat healthy, I can appreciate that these options are slightly less damaging than the typical offerings. I think this machine is helping people such as myself take baby steps in a better direction. This may help keep people in a more conscious state of mind about what they are eating, even if in reality it is not the best. Also, if one chooses to purchase one of these convenience products they may (by deception) not feel like their whole diet was blown by one bad decision. As a result, the dieter might not go on a tail spin of binge eating because they decided their choice ruined their whole efforts. 

Above all I can say that a vending machine that contained sprouts and coconut water does not appeal to me. I have yet to understand how people can drink pure coconut water! My taste buds have adapted to the added sugars and processed foods that rule most of our food supply. Eating super clean is a super struggle for me as it does not taste as "good". I try and sometimes I succeed and sometimes I fail.

This vending machine is loaded with added sugars and preservatives. But it does one thing: It offers juice instead of pop and baked instead of fried. It makes the consumer feel better about their bad diet choice so they can continue to march forward on the path to becoming a better and healthier person. 

I don't usually stop at vending machines, but if I noticed a "lunchable" of veggies and dip I would stop and smile. When I saw the row of seasoned pumpkin seeds and almonds I would marvel. The fresh fruit such as a Honeycrisp apple would make me aww over what I was seeing, and if I noticed Hubert's lemonade or a natural green tea I would find myself slowly putting my hand in my pocket because I suddenly had a thirst that needed quenched or an appetite I needed to appease."

She will receive a protein shaker cup, a copy of my Clean Eating Recipe Ebook, complimentary 30 minute wellness consultation, and a $25 gift card to the local grocery store where she shops!!  (Prize valued at over $100)   Please contact me to claim your prize! I will need to know your grocery store pick and address! Thank you! 


Copyright, 2014, Jackie Mart. For further information about this blog, or Optimum Wellness LLC, contact Jackie Mart at 712.790.5883 or Jackie@OptimumWellnessMN.com. As a holistic nutrition and lifestyle coach, I will support you in taking steps to a healthier and happier you. My goal is to help you create an art of balance in your life. You will also learn how important balance between primary foods (relationships, physical activity, sleep, career and spirituality) and secondary foods (organic food and whole food) is.


www.optimumwellnessmn.com




You Might Also Like

0 comments: