My Menards Trip

5:43 AM Jackie Mart 2 Comments

As I stood in line at Menards yesterday to get some paint matched for my dresser I saw these sitting on the counter: A new Glade scent to add to paint to improve the smell.


I do not understand why they sell an artificial toxic scent to mask the smell of toxic chemicals in paint? It’s adding more toxins to an already toxic substance. They DO make chemical free paint. You just have to seek it out or ask for it! We used no VOC paint throughout our house in Brooklyn Park when I was married. No smell and it didn't sting my eyes or give me a headache! Always search out the more natural option whether it be skin care products, cleaning products, or anything else! Vote with your dollar- the more natural and organic products you buy, the more they will produce! They may cost more money from the start but you are investing in your health and the environment! 

Here are a few non-toxic and eco-friendly paint brands: 

Safecoat
Yolo
EcoTrend
Benjamin Moore Natura
Marston & Langinger 
Mythic Paint
Devine
Green Planet Paints 


Copyright, 2014, Jackie Mart. For further information about this blog, or Optimum Wellness LLC, contact Jackie Mart at 712.790.5883 or Jackie@OptimumWellnessMN.com. As a holistic nutrition and lifestyle coach, I will support you in taking steps to a healthier and happier you. My goal is to help you create an art of balance in your life. You will also learn how important balance between primary foods (relationships, physical activity, sleep, career and spirituality) and secondary foods (organic food and whole food) is.

You Might Also Like

2 comments:

  1. It is amazing how many toxins we come in contact with and don't even realize it. Someone just has to point it out to us like you just did. Thanks for sharing, especially by including the actual name brands of the paints that are non-toxic.

    ReplyDelete