Light A Fire Within Me

7:54 PM Jackie Mart 2 Comments

I grew up volunteering with my mom at our church and through my local 4-H Club; I haven't stopped since then!  Volunteering and helping others lights a fire within me! Saturday I spent the day volunteering for a non-profit organization that is dear to my heart: Saving Grace Village. 


Saving Grace Village was founded in 2010, and offers adolescent girls the opportunity to discover their gifts through creative expression. Saving Grace Village hosts weekend retreats at the Audubon Center of the North Woods, a 535-acre sanctuary on Grindstone Lake near Sandstone, Minnesota, where adult mentors lead girls through a variety of activities so they can explore what gives them energy and joy. The volunteers support participants by encouraging them, listening to them and letting them know they are not alone. 












I was naturally in charge of the fitness and health portions of the retreat and led a BURST Training Boot Camp workout and talked to the girls about what it means to be healthy. We then made "Banana Sushi" as a healthy snack.   I love seeing the girls smile and have fun trying new things. I want to instill a sense of self-worth, self-love, and self-confidence in them to give them the strength to follow their true passions and dreams!
  





Copyright, 2016, Jackie Mart. For further information about this blog, or Optimum Wellness LLC, contact Jackie Mart at 712.790.5883 or Jackie@OptimumWellnessMN.com. As a holistic nutritionist and lifestyle coach, I will support you in taking steps to a healthier and happier you. My goal is to help you create an art of balance in your life. You will also learn how important balance between primary foods (relationships, physical activity, sleep, career and spirituality) and secondary foods (organic food and whole food) is.

You Might Also Like

2 comments:

  1. So happy to hear that you do this Volunteer work to encourage these young girls. Adolescense can be such a difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa!! It is my life purpose and mission in life to help females with their self worth, self love, and body images issues! <3

      Delete