Timeline of your LIFE!

6:40 PM Jackie Mart 0 Comments

I had coffee the other day with a dear sweet friend of mine. She started talking about rewriting the "story of your life" instead of dwelling on the things you cannot change. When we are younger and graduate from high school and head off to college we typically have this set idea in our heads of how we think and want our life to look like for the next 50 or 60 years... The fact of the matter is that it rarely unravels the way we have planned. The plan usually is to graduate from college, get a job, get married, and start a family... We make all of these plans and goals in life and when things don't go the way we would like we get down and distraught. Alot of times we focus on what "didn't go right" and the bumps in the road take over our lives.




I recently changed my facebook profile page into my "Timeline." I thought alot about the meaning of Jackie Ann Mart's Timeline... What do I want my timeline to look like? I sure hope it's long!! What events do I want to appear within those years? I have alot of goals for my life and it is up to me to make sure they are prominent points on my timeline.

The image of a headstone at a cemetery also popped into my mind. The years on a headstone include your birth year and year of death with a "dash" in between. That "dash" is the timeline of your life!!



What do you want your dash to look like? Do you live each day as if you are going to die tomorrow? Do you tell your loved ones how much they mean to you daily? Maybe it's time you worked on writing the story of your life? Is it going to be a comedy? Tragedy? Romantic novel? Short story? I hope you make your "dash" as vibrant and meaningful as you can!! I know what I need to work on in 2012!! LIVING!!! :-D


Copyright, 2012, Jackie Mart. For further information about this blog, or Optimum Wellness MN, contact Jackie Mart at 712.790.5883 or jackieamart@hotmail.com.

As a holistic nutrition and lifestyle coach, I will support you in taking steps to a healthier and happier you. My goal is to help you create an art of balance in your life. You will also learn how important balance between primary foods (relationships, physical activity, sleep, career and spirituality) and secondary foods (organic food and whole food) is. www.optimumwellnessmn.com

You Might Also Like

0 comments: