Gooey and Oh So Good!

9:18 AM Jackie Mart 0 Comments

I keep seeing caramel apples everywhere! They were one of my favorite snacks when I was younger.  My mom would cut up apples for my brothers and I and sprinkle them with cinnamon and sugar! Here are the typical ingredients used in the store-bought varieties. I took this photo at Cub Foods yesterday. Lots of sugars, hydrogenated oils (trans-fats) and Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs)! Eek!! 



Healthier Alternative!! 

Caramel Apple Dip

 Ingredients:

1 cup Medjool Dates, pitted (about 8-10)
2 Tbsp Full-Fat Coconut Milk, canned
¼ tsp Sea Salt
½ tsp Pure Vanilla Extract

Directions:

1. Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth.  
You may need to occasionally scrape down the sides.  If you double the recipe, it will be easier to process if you have a larger capacity food processor.
2. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. 

NOTE: Be sure to use organic apples! They are on the Dirty Dozen list. 


You're Welcome!! :-) 



*Join my Clean Eating Community for more recipes and tips:

Twin Cities Residents: http://www.meetup.com/Twin-Cities-Clean-Eating-Community/events/205845632/







Copyright, 2014, Jackie Mart. For further information about this blog, or Optimum Wellness LLC, contact Jackie Mart at 712.790.5883 or Jackie@OptimumWellnessMN.com. As a holistic nutrition and lifestyle coach, I will support you in taking steps to a healthier and happier you. My goal is to help you create an art of balance in your life. You will also learn how important balance between primary foods (relationships, physical activity, sleep, career and spirituality) and secondary foods (organic food and whole food) is.


www.optimumwellnessmn.com


You Might Also Like

0 comments: