Progress: Obedience

8:11 PM Jackie Mart 3 Comments

"Define your week by obedience and not a number on the scale." 




The scale DOES help measure our progress, but it cannot tell us everything. It can't tell us if the problem is too much salt intake that is making us retain a pound or two of water. It cannot tell us if we actually lost a pound of fat but gained more muscle from weight training. And it can't tell us what time of the month it is and then give us automatic credit for the extra two pounds or so those glorious few days bring to us. 

Ask yourself these questions instead: 

1. Did I overeat this week on any day?
2. Did I move more and exercise regularly?
3. Do I feel lighter than I did this time last week?
4. Did I eat clean and follow my meal plan? 
5. Did I drink enough water every day?
6. Did I eat in secret or out of anger, sadness, boredom, or frustration?
7. Did I feel that, at any time, I ran to food to fill a void in my life?
8. Before I stepped on the scale did I think I had a successful, healthy week?

I have always hated the scale, but maybe weighing yourself works for you? Measure your success and progress in whatever way resonates with you!  As long as you are making improvements you are headed in the right direction! :-) YOU CAN DO IT! Please share what has been working for you! 

Source: Made to Crave by Lysa TerKeurst (published Dec 2010) http://madetocrave.org/about/ 

Copyright, 2014, Jackie Mart. For further information about this blog, or Optimum Wellness LLC, contact Jackie Mart at 712.790.5883 or Jackie@OptimumWellnessMN.com. As a holistic nutrition and lifestyle coach, I will support you in taking steps to a healthier and happier you. My goal is to help you create an art of balance in your life. You will also learn how important balance between primary foods (relationships, physical activity, sleep, career and spirituality) and secondary foods (organic food and whole food) is.


www.optimumwellnessmn.com

You Might Also Like

3 comments:

  1. You are warmer, softer, kinder, more lovable, better looking than that scale is any day. Luv ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete