She Loved Life

8:49 AM Jackie Mart 0 Comments

Today would have been my special friend, Opal's, 104th birthday! I think about her often, especially around the holidays. I called her my "Adopted Grandma" and guardian angel. She was my role model growing up. So self-less and happy no matter what was thrown her way! I'm reminded of her each and every time I hug someone (She always told me you need at least 6 a day!) but I miss her the most when I'm sad... her random phone calls, hand-written cards, and her heart-warming life stories! 

Opal was an avid member of the Catholic Church in my hometown, volunteered at the nursing home when she was much older than all the residents, made amazing homemade bread, cinnamon rolls, sugar cookies, angel food birthday cakes with sticky frosting and sprinkles, drank beer with her pizza, took walks, loved singing, coffee, and was a fashionista-clip on earrings, pearls, broaches, (she let me keep a few-see photo below) and bright lipstick! Such a diva! 


































She was a big part of our family. Attended all of our Christmas concerts, holiday gatherings, graduations, birthday parties, some sporting events, took my brothers and I to our swimming lessons, and welcomed us into her faith-filled world

My one and only tattoo on my inner left wrist is a permanent memorial honoring her; an angel resembling henna.  



Opal was a bright light in my life and the lives of many. My life purpose and mission has been to follow in her footsteps and light the way for others! To spread joy wherever I go! If you are ever in need of an angel ask for Opal! She is the BEST one I know! <3 

Happy Birthday Beautiful Soul! XOXO




Copyright, 2016, Jackie Mart. For further information about this blog, or Optimum Wellness LLC, contact Jackie Mart at 712.790.5883 or Jackie@OptimumWellnessMN.com. As a holistic nutritionist and lifestyle coach, I will support you in taking steps to a healthier and happier you. My goal is to help you create an art of balance in your life. You will also learn how important balance between primary foods (relationships, physical activity, sleep, career and spirituality) and secondary foods (organic food and whole food) is.

www.optimumwellnessmn.com


You Might Also Like

0 comments: