1 Year

9:21 AM Jackie Mart 2 Comments

Today marks one year exactly since moving back to Iowa. I arrived with $50 in my bank account, an enormous feeling of defeat in many areas of my life and wanted to give up altogether. I was pawning off my belongings in Minneapolis to pay my rent, on a vicious cycle with my eating disorder, depressed, and letting my divorce ruin me. I didn't want to give up but knew if I didn't make some decisions I would be dead before I was 31 years old. I was so stressed out I was making myself sick with worry.

This past year I've made huge progress with loving and taking better care of myself and have helped many others in the process.  I've accomplished things I never thought possible: opened up an office here to run my business, made a few amazing new friends, spent some much needed time with my family, paid off my credit card, inspired others to live a healthy lifestyle and take control of their health, touched hearts, saved lives, and now have money in my bank account from my own hard work and dedication!

Am I 100% fully healed? No, but I will always be a work in progress. I am thankful my family has been here for me. I don't know how many times I came home and have been lucky to give my mom a hug whenever I needed one! I now realize my family loves and cares about me more than I ever thought through a handful of deep life conversations. 

I'm writing this to encourage others. Whatever you are currently dealing with, big or small, or what your past looks like, there is still hope! Reach out to those who love you and choose a different path. It may not be easy at first but get up, show up, and work on improving yourself each and every day! We all have a story-this is your life, find your passion, lead by example, love and believe in yourself, and don't let setbacks crush you completely! Radiate your true self, be fearless and take chances! Challenges are what cause growth.  I'm looking forward to my next steps and plan on enjoying the journey! Sending you some love and sunshine today! :-)






Copyright, 2014, Jackie Mart. For further information about this blog, or Optimum Wellness LLC, contact Jackie Mart at 712.790.5883 or Jackie@OptimumWellnessMN.com. As a holistic nutrition and lifestyle coach, I will support you in taking steps to a healthier and happier you. My goal is to help you create an art of balance in your life. You will also learn how important balance between primary foods (relationships, physical activity, sleep, career and spirituality) and secondary foods (organic food and whole food) is.


You Might Also Like

2 comments: