Being Confident in a Healthy Body

10:52 AM Jackie Mart 0 Comments

This video struck a chord with me since I have been modeling for six years now. I've been up and down with my weight. Weighed 103 pounds at my lowest.  I remember one runway show I was in a few years ago...The designer told me I could not model for them again unless I gained 7 pounds. 

Modeling is an industry where you are constantly criticized for the way you look. Too short, not thin enough, not the right bone structure, hair, eye color they are seeking. I have been extremely unhealthy and "thin" yet was not happy with my body.

"Health" is defined as: the state of being free of illness or injury. To me, healthy means eating fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, protein, in the right amounts, sleeping 8 hours a night to rest and heal my body, exercising daily and moving my body, getting a chiropractic adjustment weekly so my body can function at 100%, and working on my emotional health. You will notice there was no mention of a specific weight, number on a scale, or size in either definition.

As long as you are taking care of yourself, respecting your body, emotions, and needs you are doing well! Love every inch of your body and radiate the light within you! YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL no matter what anyone else thinks! Be confident in your own skin! :-) This model is a true beauty!!! 





Copyright, 2013, Jackie Mart. For further information about this blog, or Optimum Wellness LLC, contact Jackie Mart at 712.790.5883 or Jackie@OptimumWellnessMN.com. As a holistic nutrition and lifestyle coach, I will support you in taking steps to a healthier and happier you. My goal is to help you create an art of balance in your life. You will also learn how important balance between primary foods (relationships, physical activity, sleep, career and spirituality) and secondary foods (organic food and whole food) is.


You Might Also Like

0 comments: