Letting Go in Order to Heal

2:52 PM Jackie Mart 0 Comments

This is beautiful! Please read and share! 







"She let go.

She let go. Without a thought or a word, she let go.

She let go of the fear. She let go of the judgments. She let go of the confluence of opinions swarming around her head. She let go of the committee of indecision within her. She let go of all the 'right' reasons. Wholly and completely, without hesitation or worry, she just let go.

She didn't ask anyone for advice. She didn't read a book on how to let go. She didn't search the scriptures. She just let go. She let go of all of the memories that held her back. She let go of all of the anxiety that kept her from moving forward. She let go of the planning and all of the calculations about how to do it just right.

She didn't promise to let go. She didn't journal about it. She didn't write the projected date in her Day-Timer. She made no public announcement and put no ad in the paper. She didn't check the weather report or read her daily horoscope. She just let go.

She didn't analyze whether she should let go. She didn't call her friends to discuss the matter. She didn't do a five-step Spiritual Mind Treatment. She didn't call the prayer line. She didn't utter one word. She just let go.

No one was around when it happened. There was no applause or congratulations. No one thanked her or praised her. No one noticed a thing. Like a leaf falling from a tree, she just let go.

There was no effort. There was no struggle. It wasn't good and it wasn't bad. It was what it was, and it is just that.

In the space of letting go, she let it all be. A small smile came over her face. A light breeze blew through her. And the sun and the moon shone forevermore."

~Rev. Safire Rose, Agape International Spiritual Center



What do you need to let go of? What are you holding on to that needs released? 




A Few Things I am Learning to Let Go:


-The need to be "perfect," and putting an enormous amount of pressure on myself. I'm embracing my higher weight and curvy body. I am looking more like a 30 year old woman instead of a 12 year old girl!


-Comparing myself to others. We all have different paths in life and we are unique.  I chose an unconventional path most people do not choose to follow but would not change it for anything!


-The heartaches and struggles I am going through and have gone through are just part of my story and will allow me to share it with others in the future. I am not a failure like I once thought.


-I am not my family. I do not have to take on their pain, issues, or problems. They may not be my ideal family of choice but I still love them unconditionally. They have been there for me when I have not been the easiest person to love or be around and will continue to be in my life when other people bail. I feel blessed to have them!


-I cannot help everyone as much as I want to. Not everyone needs to be "fixed."  I have a deep yearning to make sure every person is happy but have gotten to a point where I know the people that actually want help will come to me.


-Relying on others to make me happy. Happiness starts with YOU. It is a choice we make each and every day! Start each day with the thought that it will be the best day of your life! 




















Be Well!


Jackie :-)



Copyright, 2013, Jackie Mart. For further information about this blog, or Optimum Wellness LLC, contact Jackie Mart at 712.790.5883 or Jackie@OptimumWellnessMN.com. As a holistic nutrition and lifestyle coach, I will support you in taking steps to a healthier and happier you. My goal is to help you create an art of balance in your life. You will also learn how important balance between primary foods (relationships, physical activity, sleep, career and spirituality) and secondary foods (organic food and whole food) is.

www.optimumwellnessmn.com


You Might Also Like

0 comments: