Guess What I Found in My Closet?

3:54 PM Jackie Mart 0 Comments

We leave this Thursday for my younger brother's wedding in FLORIDA!!! Perfect timing for some sun and fun considering it is -45 degrees outside right now with the windchill! ;-) This morning I decided to pack my suitcase and ended up cleaning out my entire closet! Haha! It happens! 

I didn't expect to stir up so many emotions in the process. I love fashion and had a full wardrobe of tiny dresses, skinny jeans, short shorts, skirts, shoes, and a hundred other articles of clothing that I wore when I was at my lowest weight... I started trying them on and if you are a woman you know what it feels like when your clothes are too tight! If you have ever had any type of disordered eating or body image issues I'm sure you can relate to this.  Both sadness and a feeling of freedom washed over me... 




I cannot fully explain how I felt this morning, but it was much different for me I am sure than most people who have gained or lost weight. I have a little more "junk in my trunk" these days but it means I am healthier and learning to accept my true self and love my body! I told my guy friend my butt has gotten bigger and he said, "Most guys like bigger butts anyway, so I bet you it's very sexy!"  LOL!! It's exactly what I needed to hear!! I know I am not fat by any means. I realize we all have different body shapes and what makes people beautiful is their confidence! I'm striving to be healthy and comfortable in my own skin! How about you? Also-why not wear clothes you feel amazing in? I filled up three large trash bags; looks like I need to go shopping soon! ;-) 



Copyright, 2013, Jackie Mart. For further information about this blog, or Optimum Wellness LLC, contact Jackie Mart at 712.790.5883 or Jackie@OptimumWellnessMN.com. As a holistic nutrition and lifestyle coach, I will support you in taking steps to a healthier and happier you. My goal is to help you create an art of balance in your life. You will also learn how important balance between primary foods (relationships, physical activity, sleep, career and spirituality) and secondary foods (organic food and whole food) is.

www.optimumwellnessmn.com






You Might Also Like

0 comments: