Where Do you Shop?

12:41 PM Jackie Mart 0 Comments

If I could give one piece of health advice to everyone I love I’d ask them to shop in a place where they can get the best quality groceries and produce available. Changing my grocery store has been fundamental in changing my health for the better. Typical huge wholesale box stores and conventional supermarkets are stocked with so many bad chemicals and ingredients it can make your head spin.  (Hy-Vees, Fareways, Rainbow Foods, Lunds, Byerlys, Cub Foods, Wal-Mart, etc) 




The top BIG FOOD companies have created so many foods that are full of anything but whole ingredients It’s cheaper for them to make these chemically made up fake foods than to use real whole and nutritious ingredients. Many of these chemicals and ingredients are banned in other countries but they still allow them here in the US. 

Alternative health stores have been around forever, but in the recent past they have become more mainstream allowing someone to make an easy transition to healthier organic whole, packaged and convenience foods. I understand that some big name conventional grocery stores are making an effort to include more organic produce and organic convenience foods but, they still carry all the chemical laden foods too. This makes shopping there 10 times harder because unless you know the brand and trust it it means reading lots of labels and deciphering chemical names of ingredients. Even natural health food stores carry products I would not consume myself.  (Just because you shop at Whole Foods, Trader Joes, or a Food Coop does not mean you should buy all the products they sell) A natural food store in the Twin Cities where I used to work used canola oil (a top GMO food) in everything they made in the deli. This is why it is so important to do your own research or contact an educated professional for help. 

If health food stores are not an option in your area I can help you navigate through the conventional stores to avoid the most toxic foods. I've done many large group and one-on-one tours with clients. I believe education is the best thing! You don't know, what you don't know, right? :-) Please contact me if you have more questions! 712.790.5883 or Jackie@OptimumWellnessMN.com



Copyright, 2014, Jackie Mart. For further information about this blog, or Optimum Wellness LLC, contact Jackie Mart at 712.790.5883 or Jackie@OptimumWellnessMN.com. As a holistic nutrition and lifestyle coach, I will support you in taking steps to a healthier and happier you. My goal is to help you create an art of balance in your life. You will also learn how important balance between primary foods (relationships, physical activity, sleep, career and spirituality) and secondary foods (organic food and whole food) is.

www.optimumwellnessmn.com

You Might Also Like

0 comments: